Key dates over March 1918
Lives lost on this day: 35
24th March 1918 - By dawn the British 3rd Army had fallen back to reserve called the Green Line
Rolling casualty count: 8845
1st Batt: The right flank of the Brigade on the right was forced back and in time the Batt was also forced back to Licourt, where a position was held east of that village.
2nd Batt: Batt in Front Line, relieving the front Coys of 16th KRRC in the left front of the 1/6th West Yorks.
3rd Batt: Batt ordered to dig in.
4th Batt: All leave was stopped. 2Lt RS Thomas, Cpl GF Coton and 2 OR were killed and 1 OR wounded at Batt HQ.
10th Batt: By dawn the British 3rd Army had fallen back to reserve called the Green Line.
At 10am enemy attacked the Green Line. The Batt was defending the Line from the railway to the road from Bapaume to Beugratre. Divisions forced to fall back and in the darkness the Batt became separated from the rest of the Brigade but eventually rejoined the 57th brigade who were covering the south western exits from Bapaume. The enemy made no attempt to pursue beyond Bapaume and were apparently looting in the ruins.
Information researched by The Worcestershire World War 100 team
- Sgt. James Bates 8739 - Royal Warwickshire Regiment
- Pte. Horace A. Gibbons 13566 - Coldstream Guards
- Pte. John Charles Hale 30837 - Dorsetshire Regiment
- Pte. William Onions 23418 - South Wales Borderers
- Pte. William Styler 27149 - Duke of Edinburgh's (Wiltshire) Regiment
- Pte. Thomas Edgar Alsopp 235011 - 1st Bn Worcs Reg
- Pte. William Thomas Bennett 35215 - Duke of Edinburgh's (Wiltshire) Regiment
- Pte. William Bissell 18963 - 1st Bn Worcs Reg
- Pte. Alma Blizzard 42209 - 1st Bn Worcs Reg
- Pte. Reginald Charlton 41970 - 3rd Bn Worcs Reg
- Pte. Richard Henry Compton 39799 - 3rd Bn Worcs Reg
- Pte. Iasiah Cooper 21639 - 4th Bn Worcs Reg
- Cpl. George Francis Coton 31130 - 4th Bn Worcs Reg
- Sgt. Arthur Davies 23732 - 1st Bn Worcs Reg
- Pte. Wilfred Laight Davis 242158 - 2/8th Bn Worcs Reg
- Pte. Alfred Samuel Foster 241541 - 1st Bn Worcs Reg
- Pte. Edwin Victor Hardiman 37837 - 10th Bn Worcs Reg
- Pioneer Albert Edwin Holding 214505 - Royal Engineers
- Sgt. William Hyde 18492 - 10th Bn Worcs Reg
- Pte. Charles Sydney Jenkins 30739 - Lancashire Fusiliers
- Pte. Albert John Jukes 21496 - 10th Bn Worcs Reg
- Pte. Leonard Joseph Langley 36608 - 1st Bn Worcs Reg
- Pte. Henry Lloyd 33490 - 10th Bn Worcs Reg
- L/Cpl. Frank Mander 40688 - 1st Bn Worcs Reg
- Pte. George Edgar Millin 8882 - 4th Bn Worcs Reg
- Sgt. Thomas George Moore 648213 - London Regiment
- Pte. William Charles Morris 36545 - 10th Bn Worcs Reg
- 2/Lt. John Potter 2/8th Bn Worcs Reg
- Rifleman Charles Frederick Roberts R/38922 - King's Royal Rifle Corps
- 2/Lt. Robert Stanley Thomas 4th Bn Worcs Reg
- Pte. Walter Edward Truman 40059 - 10th Bn Worcs Reg
- Pte. William Charles Veck 23683 - 3rd Bn Worcs Reg
- L/Cpl. Cyril Lewis Ware 26726 - 3rd Bn Worcs Reg
- Capt. Martin Warren 1st Bn Worcs Reg
- Pte. Percy Watson 203322 - 10th Bn Worcs Reg