Key dates over October 1918
Lives lost on this day: 9
28th October 1918 - Honours in the field for 4th Battalion
Rolling casualty count:11321
2nd Batt: Batt entrained at Arques for Boque Maison at 9pm. Very heavy rain fell all day.
4th Batt: All Coys bathed at 29th Divisional Baths and were issued with clean under-clothing. The Armourer Sgt inspected all rifles and Lewis guns of W and Z Coys. The Brigade Gas NCO inspected all small box respirators. Capt. C Hacket MC DSM and 2LT SJ Rye MC, received a bar to their MC and Lt CG Sneade an MC, for their exploits of August 8th.
1/7th Batt: Orders came for the Batt to raid Silvegnar at night and men were in position when counter orders were received. An unexpected enemy raid had forced defensive measures and the artillery could not cove the attack. All the raiding party returned safely except for 2LT WT Carter who was hit by a stray bullet and died of his wounds.
- Pte. Thomas Ewart Green 42253 - 10th Bn Worcs Reg
- Pte. Fred James Proctor 57314 - 3rd Bn Worcs Reg
- Pte. Ralph Sheppard 26931 - 9th Bn Worcs Reg
- Pte. John Edward Taylor 19929 - 10th Bn Worcs Reg
- Trumpeter Charles Queen 271167 - Worcester Yeomanry
- Gunner Charles Reginald Voce 98694 - Royal Field Artillery
- Pte. George William Smith 133305 - Labour Corps
- Pte. Harold Russell 325799 - Worcester Yeomanry
- L/Cpl. Joseph Harrison 15742 - Ox and Bucks Light Infantry