Key dates over August 1918
Lives lost on this day: 8
15th August 1918 - Martley Food Control
Rolling casualty count: 10376
2nd Batt: Coys working and training. Notice came that the Brigade is to be relieved by 120th American Regiment on the night of the 17th August. Capt. Innes DSO, of the KOSB arrived to take over from Capt. JT Muirhead MC, as Brigade Major.
4th Batt: Batt in camp near La Kreule, north of Hazebrouk. There was general cleaning up and inspection.
The 29th Division Diamond Troupe performed nightly in the barn opposite HQ Mess.
Worcestershire and The War – Nurses Mentioned – In a list of nurses brought to the notice of the Secretary of State for valuable nursing services are: Miss M Baker, V.A.D. Nurse, Ashfield Auxiliary Hospital, Malvern, Miss M Snowden, nurse Tewkesbury and Miss D Russell V.A.D. nurse, Ashfield Auxiliary Hospital Malvern.
Martley Food Control – Sugar, Butter and Fruit – The Inspector presented reports giving the results of his enquiries as to the use of sugar which had been obtained by persons in the district for the purpose of making jam. The Executive Officer reported that he was calling the attention of bakers to the requirement of the Bread Order, that every person making bread for sale must keep a register in the form prescribed; and the Inspector reported on the observance of the Order in the district. The Plum Sales Order was laid before the Committee. It provides that a person who grows certain varieties of plums (including Pershore) shall not sell or deliver such plums, except to a licensed jam manufacturer.
Information researched by The Worcestershire World War 100 team
- Pte. Walter Henry Hitchlock 44123 - 2/8th Bn Worcs Reg
- Pte. Ernest Henry Lloyd 44143 - 2/8th Bn Worcs Reg
- L/Cpl. Alfred Morris 21051 - Prince of Wales's Own (West Yorkshire) Regiment
- Pte. Albert Panting G/8097 - Queen's Own (Royal West Kent) Regiment
- Pte. Walter Powell 207459 - 2/8th Bn Worcs Reg
- Pte. Frank Redding 241413 - 1/7th Bn Worcs Reg
- Pte. William Anderson Wardrop 44057 - 2/8th Bn Worcs Reg
- Sgt. John Frederick Weller 28116 - 1st Bn Worcs Reg