Key dates over August 1917
Lives lost on this day: 23
18th August 1917 - PROSECUTION AT BROMSGROVE
Rolling casualty count: 7199
1st Batt: Batt was relieved at night by 17th Batt London Reg, 47th Division.
2nd Batt: Batt at 5.45am the Batt marched to Canada Camp near La Panne, arriving at 10am. The camp was situated on the dunes and was comfortable and roomy.
4th Batt: Batt went back to Boesinghe Chateau for 1 day and night to re-organise and for men to get a good night`s sleep.
2/7th Batt: Transport, stores and rear party (108 all ranks,) moved to a new camp. Casualties were 3 killed and 9 wounded.
1/8th Batt: The detached parties assembled at Canal Bank under Capt BH Tullidge.
Yeomanry/Cavalry: At 7pm the Reg marched to join the 10th Cavalry Brigade at Henu, a bridgehead position between Ghoranujeh Crossings and the Dead Sea.
PROSECUTION AT BROMSGROVE – Hospital Collection Without a Permit – At Bromsgrove on Tuesday, John Whitfield (Chairman of the Bromsgrove Cottage Hospital Saturday Committee) was charged as the responsible person with having conducted a sale of articles and a street collection on behalf of the funds of the Cottage Hospital without having first obtained a permit from the police at Worcester.
LOCAL INVESTITURES – New Order as to Award of Medals – A new Army Order concerning the presentation of medals awarded for gallantry or meritorious service was issued on Tuesday night. Medals awarded for gallant conduct or meritorious service will be presented on parades held under the instructions from the General Officer Commanding in Chief of the command in which the recipients are domiciled when the individuals to whom the medals have been granted are stationed or are on leave in the United Kingdom.
Information researched by The Worcestershire World War 100 team
- Pte. Reginald Charles Adams 202265 - 4th Bn Worcs Reg
- Pte. Fred Cross Bardell 235118 - 2/7th Bn Worcs Reg
- Pte. Frederick Victor Barriball 203187 - 4th Bn Worcs Reg
- Pte. George Brookes 38272 - 4th Bn Worcs Reg
- Pte. Alfred Thomas Brown 203661 - 2/7th Bn Worcs Reg
- Pte. William Cook 39731 - 4th Bn Worcs Reg
- Pte. George Craggs 41039 - 4th Bn Worcs Reg
- Pte. Francis Edward Davis 260187 - 1/8th Bn Worcs Reg
- 2/Lt. Wilfred Joseph Flower 1/7th Bn Worcs Reg
- 2/Lt. John Guilding 1/8th Bn Worcs Reg
- Pte. Frederick Hazelton 235119 - 2/7th Bn Worcs Reg
- Pte. William James Jennings 200385 - 2/7th Bn Worcs Reg
- L/Cpl. William Henry Lewis 8123 - 4th Bn Worcs Reg
- Pte. Reginald Victor Morse 202469 - 1st Bn Worcs Reg
- L/Cpl. Edwin Payne 33196 - 3rd Bn Worcs Reg
- Pte. Arthur Desmond Phillips 9818 - 1st Bn Worcs Reg
- Sgt. Harry Roberts 240895 - 2/8th Bn Worcs Reg
- Pte. Joseph William Frank Stallard 46035 - 4th Bn Worcs Reg
- Pte. William Henry Wyatt 203249 - 1/7th Bn Worcs Reg
- Cpl. William Cox 830036 - Royal Field Artillery
- Gunner Frederick Charles Freeman 831059 - Royal Field Artillery
- Pte. William Phipps 6612 - King's Shropshire Light Infantry
- Cpl. Sidney Tranter 830125 - Royal Field Artillery